March 26, 2008

The "First Kiss" Rant

It's been a while since I had a proper rant, so I figured since today isn't as gorgeous as it has been, I'd throw open the windows, put on my rant music [Gavin Mikhail for those of you who care], and just spew random crap out of my mouth until I feel content.

First kisses. You know, you find someone and there's a mutual attraction. So you start hanging out, or you go on a date. From this point, thinks either come to a stop, ex. she's a crazy bitch, or you enjoy each others company enough to keep enjoying each others company. One day you realize [this is obviously from the guys stand point], you have really developed something with this person, to the point you want to take it to the next level. You want to kiss this person. It shouldn't be a big deal, you're pretty sure the other person wants the same thing, but for some unknown reason you're nervous. Time and time again, you can't bring yourself to do it. In my experience, the first kiss is almost always unplanned. Whenever you go out intending to kiss that other person, you psyche yourself out.

So it finally happens. Randomly. You're walking, holding hands, and the other person stumbles. You catch them. They're so close to you it just happens, like it's automatic. Or whatever happens, it just happens. And it knocks the wind out of you. For that brief amount of time, you're floating. And here's my problem.

That feeling you get from a first kiss just doesn't happen again

because once you've kissed once, you kiss more. Then you're making out. And there is only so much you can do with kissing to keep things new and exciting. Soon kissing is almost like a habit. This is my problem, why can't every kiss be just like a first kiss. I'm just generalizing here, but I think that the reason so many young people get sexually involved is that they get bored with kissing a/o making out [that and it's the "what you do" when you're with someone you're in a relationship]. So I'm trying to think out a way to keep kissing around the same scale as a first kiss. Any ideas?